Centre Coordination and Management
Bosnia and Herzegovina has two State-managed reception centres, Salakovac Refugee Reception Centre, managed by the Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and the Delijas Asylum Centre, managed by the Sector for Asylum within the Ministry of Security.
IOM is also supporting the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs in Centre Coordination and Management (CCCM) of an additional seven temporary reception centres, including administration, coordination and management of centres.
Una Sana Canton:
- Sedra Temporary Reception Centre in Cazin Municipality for families and vulnerable migrants opened in July 2018
- Miral Temporary Reception Centre in Velika Kladusa Municipality primarily for single men opened in October 2018, with IOM supporting the site management from November 2018.
- Borici Temporary Reception Centre in City of Bihac for families and vulnerable migrants re-opened in December 2018 following complete renovation.
- Usivak Temporary Reception Centre in Hadžići Municipality for single men, families and vulnerable migrants opened in October 2018.
- Blažuj Temporary Reception Centre in Sarajevo Canton, started providing provisional accommodation solutions during the winter in 2019, and will continue to scale up its capacity and to improve living conditions as reconstruction works to fully operationalize the site are still ongoing.
In these five reception centres, IOM has dedicated CCCM staff (centre managers, centre administrators, registration staff and centre assistants), cultural mediators, and provides for security personnel present 24/7. IOM CCCM coordinates the service provision in each centre, and work to increase the Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) and participation of the migrant population in the daily life of the centres. IOM has together with partners established community structures, complaint and feedback mechanisms, as well as info centres for a more predictable and transparent response.
For more detailed information of each centre, please see the below Monthly Site Profiles.
The Site Profiles are prepared by IOM on behalf of the Inter-Agency Response shortly after the close of each month, reflecting the situation in the reception centres during the previous month or a snapshot from the last day of the month. Is your organization contributing to one or several of the sectors but not included in the Site Profiles? If you want to contribute to the Site Profiles, please fill out and submit this template before the fifth of each month to [email protected].