Vacancy Announcement open to internal and external candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 18 October 2021
Position Title: Communication Coordinator
Contract type/duration: SST Ungraded
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 52-10/21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Social cohesion and Rule of Law (SCRoL) Regional Programme Manager and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Sub-regional Coordinator for the Western Balkans the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of activities within the Communication and Visibility Plan of the project Moving towards sustainable approaches in the prevention of violent extremism in the Western Balkans, as well as other projects implemented within the Programme .
- Create Social Media content about Program’s activities by gathering information about ongoing activities and collecting successful stories regarding the projects’ results and outcomes.
- Write, edit, and distribute material that will promote the project’s impact on the individuals and communities that will include text, photos, videos, and any other required promotive material defined within the guidelines of IOM and the donor.
- Track campaign analytics and maintain digital media archives.
- Design of infographics, newsletters, and other visibility materials, contributing to the enhancing the general public’s access to up-to-date and accurate information about program topics and IOM’s response.
- Be responsible to work with Community Liaison Points and other Project Staff in the preparation of content that will be distributed through IOM official media outlets, including social media.
- Organize and assist in the delivery of the events aiming to promote program activities and results.
- Coordinate communication related activities with the IOM Communication Office, link the Project social media coverage with general IOM media coverage.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: High school diploma plus 4 years of relevant work experience, or University degree in social sciences, human rights or other related fields plus 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of issues young persons in BiH are facing, also related to the new phenomena’s of radicalization and violent extremism, is an advantage
- Proven experience in photography/video and/or social media communication.
- Experience in preparation of written reports in an accurate and concise manner, and public presentation skills
- Good organizational, time management and facilitation skills
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent command of Instagram and Facebook content creation, as well as tools for targeting and monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven experience in using photo/video equipment
- Knowledge of field work within the PVE project and its concept is advantageous.
- Experience on preparation of written reports in an accurate and concise manner, and public presentation skills
- Previous working experience with a UN organization or International NGO is advantageous.
- Technical competencies, if applicable
- Good organizational, time management, and facilitation skills.
- Good communication, presentation, and coordination skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, such as MS Office and Internet Explorer.
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Good knowledge and fluency in written and spoken English.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment. Candidate who have already applied do not need to re-apply.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 52-10/21
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 18 October 2021.
Posting period: 05 October 2021 – 18 October 2021
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.