Vacancy Announcement open to Internal and External candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 04 August 2020
Position Title: AVRR Field Operations Team Leader
Contract type/duration: SST UG, till end December 2020, renewable
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 26-07/20
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency - is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) since 1992, starting out in the basement of Koševo Hospital, where IOM organized medical evacuations for war-wounded individuals who could not be treated locally. Following the end of the war, IOM, together with the international community, continued to assist population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas.
Under the direct supervision and the overall supervision of the Regional Project Manager and of the Chief of Mission, the candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In cooperation with the AVRR Programme Team Leader, monitor and ensure successful delivery of AVRR information provision and counselling through the work of AVRR Counsellors in line with IOM’s policies and procedures;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the outreach plan in coordination with AVRR Programme Team Leader;
- Ensure AVRR Counsellors adhere to referral procedures of migrants in vulnerable situations, particularly potential victims of trafficking, exploitation and abuse, to appropriate and adequate protection services;
- Maintain coordination with diplomatic and consular representatives in procuring travel documents for AVRR beneficiaries;
- Maintain communication with countries of origin, including monitoring and following up on reintegration assistance provided upon return;
- Ensure the implementation of on line tools for registration and counselling such as MiRA and Support for Migrants App among AVRR Counsellors;
- Coordinate AVRR Counsellors activities with AVRR Programme Team Leader and Regional Project Manager if needed;
- Identify constraints and obstacles to the implementation of AVRR field work, propose measures to adjust project routines in field operation and activities to better suit the project objectives and overall goals;
- Prepare regular weekly operational reports for the Regional Project Manager in coordination with the AVRR Programme Team Leader;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in law, social work or psychology with minimum 2 (two) years of professional experience, or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience.
- Management and leadership experience;
- Work experience in social work, assistance of vulnerable populations, or case management scenarios;
- Experience in working with foreign nationals, irregular migrants, trafficked persons, children, and/or other vulnerable populations;
- Experience in counselling, networking, and ensuring access to services;
- Excellent understanding and application of ethical practices within the disciplines and a good understanding of rights based approaches;
- Proficient in computer applications;
- Good written and spoken communications skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and good working in team;
Driving licence is essential for this position.
Skills: In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian), Desirable: Working knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Pashto and Urdu
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 26-07/20 AVRR Field Operation Team Leader
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 04 August 2020.
Posting period: two weeks
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.