Duty Station: Sarajevo and Banjaluka, Bosnia and Herzegovina (2 positions)
Application Deadline: 04 August 2020
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Contract type: Consultancy with possibility of extension and transfer to SST
Grade: Equivalent to G4
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 24-07/20
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency - is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) since 1992, starting out in the basement of Koševo Hospital, where IOM organized medical evacuations for war-wounded individuals who could not be treated locally. Following the end of the war, IOM, together with the international community, continued to assist population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas.
Under the overall guidance of the Program Development Officer (PDO) for the Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO), the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide technical assistance and facilitation in the design as well as the monitoring and evaluation of projects/activities to be implemented by BHRI, assist the program in reaching its goals and assessing impact of its programming.
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation unit to collect context relevant information for grant activity design and weekly reporting purposes.
- Assist in activity level monitoring and data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables.
- Draft the final evaluation reports (FER) for all grants in area of responsibilities in coordination with Grant Focal Points.
- Assist with the drafting of M&E plans during activity development in close coordination with the Grant Focal Points and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Support BHRI awardee and/or implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness and compliance with donor’s Web based database standards.
- Assist the MEO in periodic assessments and evaluations as relevant to the assigned location and program requirements.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to grant sites and provide reports as required.
- Assist in collecting first person narratives, quotes, pre- and post- activity surveys and, success stories, to support impact and outcome reporting for the programme
- Assist in data review and analysis of emerging themes relevant for the programme
- Assist in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Assist in developing, refining and using M&E checklists, forms and reports.
- Assist in developing, refining and/or manage project databases and any other information management tools and systems.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: Bachelors Degree preferably in Social Sciences or a related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of M&E concepts, tools, processes, structures, systems and functions. At least 2 years of professional experience in M&E with a recognized international or local organization essential
- Very good understanding of government structures and local context of the B&H
- Ability to provide detailed and high-level analysis on areas relating to the BHRI programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Very good computer skills (proficient in MS Office applications)
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN 24-07/20 – Monitoring and Evaliation Assistant (Sarajevo/Banjaluka)
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 04 August 2020.
Posting period: from 14 July 2020 – 04 August 2020.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.