Vacancy Announcement open to internal and external candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 21st May 2021
Position Title: Project Assistant-Social Cohesion and Rule of Law Programme
Contract type/duration: Special Short Term (SST)
Grade: Ungraded (UG)
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 11-05-21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency - is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) since 1992, starting out in the basement of Koševo Hospital, where IOM organized medical evacuations for war-wounded individuals who could not be treated locally. Following the end of the war, IOM, together with the international community, continued to assist population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future. Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a wide range of migration related areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator the Project Assistant will work closely with IOM partners on this project to provide technical and other assistance under the auspices of the project.
Within that framework, he/she will be:
- Assisting the Grant Project Coordinator in preparation of documentation necessary for review of the narrative, technical and budgetary components of all applications and reports and ensure they capture all aspects required to fulfil the goals and objectives of the project;
- Entering all information and keep track on all entries in the existing grants database (both hardcopy and electronic documents);
- In coordination with the Grant Manager provide regular support to the project’s Community Liaison Points in facilitation of Community Dialogues and in supporting youth groups’ development and implementation of community initiatives and projects;
- Be proactive in identifying bottlenecks and problems in grant implementation procedures and suggest changes in procedures to the Project Coordinator for consideration;
- Assisting the MoviEQ Project Coordinator in overseeing the work of certified MoviEQ and Mediality facilitators;
- Monitoring implementation and providing assistance within activities and trainings with relevant local institutions, including organization of meetings and trainings;
- Provide logistical assistance related to organisation of MoviEQ and Mediality workshops;
- Maintain regular contact with all facilitators and Community Liason Points (CLPs) on daily basis;
- Preparation of all relevant documentation required for timely implementation of MoviEQ and Mediality workshops in targeted communities;
- Ensuring timely collection of documentation and preparation of payments and other relevant documentation;
- Follow up on expenses and financial planning in accordance with Project documentation;
- Follow up on MoviEQ and Mediality workshops implementation and preparation of statistical reports, including inputs for reporting to donors;
- Assist in the production of reports as requested by the Project Coordinators, M&E Officer, donors, or others, in a rapid fashion;
- Carry out relevant duty travel within Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or abroad, as required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: High school diploma plus 4 years of relevant work experience, or University degree in social sciences, human rights or other related fields plus 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in capacity building of local actors
- Understanding of issues young persons in BiH are facing, also related to the new phenomena’s of radicalisation and violent extremism, is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience overseeing the implementation of multiple Project components simultaneously, with a demonstrated commitment to detail and ability to anticipate challenges and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to effectively engage a wide range of stakeholders – from community members to government officials – in pursuit of a common goal;
- Budget monitoring and follow-up experience;
Experience on preparation of written reports in an accurate and concise manner;
Good organizational, time management, facilitation and public presentation skills
Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
Language(s): Fluent English and one of the three languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (IOM PHF- Personal History Form and motivation letter ) electronically by email to: [email protected]. Please be advised that only attached PHF will be taken into consideration and processed.
Internal candidates are to apply by sending Internal Application Form in attachment.
Please note that only the attached IOM PHF will be considered.
Subject: SVN or VN
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications must be received by 21st May 2020.
Posting period: 7th to 21st May 2021
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
For all IOM vacancies, applications form qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
Vacancy is open to candidates residing in the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country which is within commuting distance of the duty station. Candidates applying from another location outside commuting distance will be considered locally recruited and will not be eligible for allowances or benefits available to eligible internationally-recruited staff. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit in possession of time of recruitment, as applicable.