VACANCY For a senior migration advisor in the Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina EU’s Pre-Accession Assistance Project (IPA 2019)
For a senior migration advisor in the
Ministry of Security of Bosnia and Herzegovina
EU’s Pre-Accession Assistance Project (IPA 2019)
Senior Advisor for Migration management
Number of employees: 1
Status: consultancy contract
Length of contract: the temporary post is foreseen for a period of 12 months starting from October 2019 with a possibility of prolongation, if needed.
The senior advisor will reinforce the office of the Ministry of Security (MoS) by providing guidance and advice to the MoS and the relevant implementing Agencies in managing increased migration flows.
The future post holder will have the following non-exhaustive list of duties and tasks:
- Support, consult and advise the authorities in ensuring efficient coordination in the area of migration management, in particular by providing strategic advice to the senior management of the MoS.
- Provide technical expertise to the authorities on the migration, border and asylum management in line with EU standards and best practices in EU Member States.
- Cooperate closely with the EU Delegation/EU Special Representative/European Commission with the aim of ensuring that the conducted activities contribute to the EU integration process of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the area of asylum, border and migration management. Closely liaise with the EU Delegation/EU Special Representative and seek their guidance as regards issues related to policy coordination.
- Provide advice to all relevant Agencies implementing EU assistance.
The senior advisor will be bound by the principles of non-interference in the internal decision-making processes and objectivity
The senior advisor for Migration management shall fulfil the following requirements:
- EU citizenship;
- University degree in security studies, law or other relevant areas;
- Very good knowledge of the EU integration process, particularly of accession requirements in the 'Rule of Law' area, including fundamental rights framework and protection matters;
- Proven analytical and drafting skills;
- Highest level of integrity and ethical standards;
- Excellent verbal and written expression skills in English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in working in multicultural environments.
Specific professional experience:
- Detailed knowledge of migration/asylum related EU/Schengen Acquis and best EU/Schengen practices;
- Extensive operational experience in Migration/Asylum Management policy and international cooperation;
- Extensive operational experience in Integrated Border Management, preferably border control, risk analysis and international cooperation areas;
- Experience with training on migratory movement control processes;
- Knowledge of B/H/S languages;
- Knowledge of the BiH Asylum, Migration and IBM system, including their jurisdictions;
- Previous experience in working on the issue of asylum, migration and border management in the Western Balkans;
Applications are to be sent by 23.09.2019 to the following address:
Head of Cooperation
Delegation of the European Union to BiH & European Union Special Representative in BiH
Bosnia and Herzegovina