Open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo and Banjaluka
Application Deadline: 24 May 2021
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Contract type: Consultancy with possibility of extension and transfer to SST
Grade: Equivalent to G4
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: CfA 16-05/21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing a program to prevent violent extremism. The program aims to reduce the threat of violent extremism (VE) in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit community tensions. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes.
Under the overall guidance of the Program Development Officer (PDO) for the Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO), the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide technical assistance and facilitation in the design as well as the monitoring and evaluation of projects/activities to be implemented by BHRI, assist the program in reaching its goals and assessing impact of its programming.
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation unit to collect context relevant information for grant activity design and weekly reporting purposes.
- Assist in activity level monitoring and data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables.
- Draft the final evaluation reports (FER) for all grants in area of responsibilities in coordination with Grant Focal Points.
- Assist with the drafting of M&E plans during activity development in close coordination with the Grant Focal Points and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Support BHRI awardee and/or implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness and compliance with donor’s Web based database standards.
- Assist the MEO in periodic assessments and evaluations as relevant to the assigned location and program requirements.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to grant sites and provide reports as required.
- Assist in collecting first person narratives, quotes, pre- and post- activity surveys and, success stories, to support impact and outcome reporting for the programme
- Assist in data review and analysis of emerging themes relevant for the programme
- Assist in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Assist in developing, refining and using M&E checklists, forms and reports.
- Assist in developing, refining and/or manage project databases and any other information management tools and systems.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
All duties and responsibilities will be carried out in strict adherence to IOM policies and guidelines, including those related to confidentiality and data protection
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Social Sciences or a related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of M&E concepts, tools, processes, structures, systems and functions. At least 2 years of professional experience in M&E with a recognized international or local organization essential
- Very good understanding of government structures and local context of the B&H
- Ability to provide detailed and high-level analysis on areas relating to the BHRI programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Very good computer skills (proficient in MS Office applications)
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning;
- Communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV, motivation letter and filled out IOM Internal Vacancy Form) electronically by email to: email@example.com.
Subject: CfA 16-05/21 Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 24 May 2021.
Posting period: 11 May 2021 – 24 May 2021.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.