Open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Bihac Field Office, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 16 November 2018
Position Title: Field Assistant - Social Media/Photography/Graphic Design
Languages Required: Fluency in English and BHS. Working knowledge of Macedonian and/or Albanian will be considered as an asset.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: VN 05-11-18
Duration of Initial Contract: 3 months with possible extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency - is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM has been present in the Western Balkan region and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) since 1990s. Since the end of the war, IOM has continued to assist the population of BiH in rebuilding their lives and working for a better future.
Today, with a focus on building the capacity of the BiH government to manage migration, IOM is working with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental partners in a broad range of fields including but not limited to Migration and Border Management (Assistance to Vulnerable Migrants; Counter Trafficking in Human Beings and Counter Smuggling of Migrants); Prevention of Violent Extremism, Reparations; and Migration and Health.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission/Coordinator for the Western Balkans and the direct supervision of the PR and Communication Focal Point, the Social Media Coordinator will contribute to the implementation of activities within the Communication and Visibility Plan of the projects “EU Support to the Migration and Border Management in BiH” and “Community Stabilization and Social Cohesion in Migrant Host Communities in Una Sana Canton.”
Social media communication (Facebook and Instagram)
- In coordination with the Social Media Coordinator in Sarajevo, collect data and photo material to be used in social media communication.
- Create simple infographics, info snapshots (photo + text) etc. with the purpose of ensuring that the general public has access to up-to-date and accurate information about the migration situation and IOM’s response.
- Collect information from the field and write short personal stories/portraits of migrants assisted by IOM, or its partners.
- In coordination with the Social Media Coordinator in Sarajevo, contribute to the timely and regular sharing of infographics, snapshots, other updates, information, photo material, stories etc. on IOM BiH’s social media accounts.
- In line with the developed and approved the social media campaign methodology, be responsible for the collection of photo material, stories, quotes and other information required.
- Assist the PR and Communication Focal Point in drafting media advisories and press statements
- Assist the PR and Communication Focal Point, and the respective Project Coordinators, in organizing public and closed communication events, including but not limited to International Migrants Day events
Liaison with donor and partners:
- Assist the PR and Communication Focal Point, and the respective Project Coordinators, in liaising with the donor with regards to communication and social media
- Assist the PR and Communication Focal Point to liaise with partners and contractors, e.g. external video production companies, editors, graphic designers etc.
- Willingness to travel within Una Sana Canton, or BiH, as required
- Any other tasks related to social media communication, as requested by PR and Communication Focal Point, Project Coordinators, or the Chief of Mission
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Communication, Graphic Design, Marketing, or other related field
- Previous working experience with a UN organization or International NGO is advantageous
- Proven experience in photography and/or social media communication
- Excellent command of Instagram and Facebook content creation, as well as tools for targeting and monitoring and evaluation
- Literacy in photoshop, or other software programme for photo editing and graphic design
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (attached IOM CV Form - Personal History Form – PHP and motivation letter) electronically by email to email@example.com. Please note that only IOM PHP will be considered.
Subject: VN 05-11-18 Field Assistant - Social Media/Photography/Graphic Design
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Applications must be received by 16 November 2018.
Posting period: 06.11.2018 – 16.11.2018.