OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position title: Security Coordinator
Duty station: Bihać, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Languages Required: English and local languages in BiH
Classification: UG (Ungraded)
Number of positions: 1 position
Type of appointment: Special Short Term (SST) thre months with possibility of extension
Estimated start date: ASAP
Closing date: 19.10.2018
Reference code: SVN 03-10-18
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator (PC) and in close collaboration with
UNDSS at Headquarter in Sarajevo, overall supervision of Chief of Mission the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for all security and safety at temporary migrants/refuges center Bihać.
He/she will develop, recommend and implement appropriate safety and security procedures related to the protection of IOM staff, all staff, migrants and refugees at temporary migrants/refuges center Bihać.
- Primarily implement appropriate safety and security procedures related to the protection of IOM staff, all staff, migrants and refugees at temporary migrants/refuges center Bihać.
- Develop and implement evacuation/emergency security plans for temporary migrants/refuges center Bihać after PC/CoM’s review and approval.
- Prepare and deliver mandatory security briefings to newly recruited staff members at temporary migrants/refuges center Bihać.
- Planning, follow-up, execution, and control of security related construction/modernization/improvement programs
- Coordinate with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and all actors that provide assistance to migrants and asylum seekers, including institutions, NGOs, and International Organizations present on the field.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Actively seeks new ways of improving the delivery of services.
- Develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies ways of implementing actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays proficiency in of subject matter
- Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness and competence in relevant technological solutions
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM at an operational level.
- Good written and spoken communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi - cultural environment and good working in team.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution in Security Management/ Social Sciences, International Studies, Communications or extensive military/police experience with minimum 3 years of work experience or High School Diploma with 5 years of work experience
- Driving licence
- Proven ability to collaborate with senior military and government counterparts.
- Work experience in security sector
- Experience in working with foreign nationals, irregular migrants, trafficked persons, children, and/or other vulnerable populations.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (attached IOM CV Form - Personal History Form – PHP and motivation letter) electronically by email to email@example.com. Please note that only IOM PHP will be considered.
Applications must be received by 19.10.2018
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
From 09.10.2018 to 19.10.2018